Samstag, 3. Juli 2010

Post 48: Gottesdienst und Liederkranz

Well, today was an all in all interesting day.  To start, I woke up quite early knowing that I would be needing to be at the Alte Post circa 7:45.  The Männerchor was to be singing at a mass outside.  Once per year, (generally near the summer solstice, which is also the Johannisfeier in Germany).   It was in a chapel way far out of Meitingen that a family had built some years ago.  We went and sang a mass in Bavarian (not German).  It was quite interesting, but fun nonetheless.  Afterward, we had Brotzeit with the other mass goers.  It was Leberkäs, Bretzen, Senf, and Bier.  It was also really good.  I had the chance to chat with a lot of people:  people that I knew before, and people that I didn't.  I got the comment a lot that when people planned to come to this mass, they didn't think they'd be in discussion with an "Ami".   Helmut Ortner brought me an old jacket from the men's chorus, including their official patch, that says "Liederkranz Meitingen".  He also brought me the old official tie of the group.  Theo, the group leader also told me that I could keep the music from the Mass and bring it back to Michigan if I wanted to.  Once I came back, I went and practiced  piano for a while.  It was fun. 
After that, I came home to watch the Germany England game.  It was quite exciting to see how well the Germans played.  Then, for about 3 hours after the end of the game, there were people driving and walking through Meitingen honking their horns and playing Vuvuzelas.  Kind of annoying, but it was interesting all the same.  After catching some dinner, I went for a bike ride northward and westward. 

1 Kommentar:

  1. It was crazy here in Hamburg too! I really hope Germany keeps doing well. It would be awesome to be here if they win!

    AntwortenLöschen