Hard to believe that it is already July. I cannot say that it feels like "yesterday" that I first arrived here, but it doesn't feel like a month and a half ago. Anyway, today was much more of the same. Only today, for one reason or another, Flo couldn't get the Press to work properly. He said he tried three times turning it on and off again to get the press to close while it heated to the desired temperatur. Unfortunately, for him it wouldn't budge. So he came back and told me about it. I went over there, and tried it and got it to work first time. After he went back there to put his plate in, he still couldn't get it to work. So I went back there and got it to work. So Mirko took to calling me the "Press Whisperer" implying that only I could get it to work properly today. Today, I found two online resources that the University of Michigan offers. Through the library system, we have access to two very useful sites: Knovel, and SpringerLink. Both of them have PDF versions of a variety of technical books, resources, magazines, newspapers, etc. So I managed to find several books on interesting topics and browsed through them for a while today.
Tonight I went to the men's chorus rehearsal a little early and practiced "Varsity" and "The Victors" on the piano. As people came in, they recognized the melodies, but they couldn't say where from. At one point in the past, somebody mentioned that "The Victors" was originally a drinking song out of Germany, which is why I was wanting them to comment on the songs, to see if this is true.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen