Today Tim came to me and said that my values for the density and what not for the plates were all off from the ones that he had. He had made a plate out of the same stuff that I have been, but it wound up being completely different from the one that I had. The reason being that the pre-preg that I've been using was produced at a slightly higher temperature than his, which meant that the reaction had already set in during the production process giving it different characteristics. So I took a sample of both pre-pregs, and scratched the matrix off from the carbon fiber fabric that it was on, and ran a test on the rheometer on both of them (now that the rheometer is back and declared "healthy"). These tests showed that there was indeed a difference between the two samples, namely the viscosity of mine is much higher than Tims due to having already begun the reaction. So we'll see where we go from here.
We had dinner with the choir tonight, courtesy of one of the members who had declared that she was quitting the choir. It was really good. We went to the Neue Post and had dinner there, I had their schweizer wurstsalat (swiss wurst salat). It was a thinly sliced lean wurst layered in two concentric circles, covered with onions, a pickle, and cucumbers and served in a sauce of vinegar, salt, pepper, and oil. It was very good. And it was especially good because it is a cold dish and it was warm outside. We watched the game between germany and spain up until intermission at which point I went home to watch the rest there. There were two boys who were sitting in front of us who each had vuvuzelas and a tendancy to get up to their feet whenever something good (or bad) was happening, which meant that we couldn't see during the most important parts of the game. But, I learned a bayrisch expression "Sehi nit" (Sehe ich nichts = I can't see, or "Down in front"). Unfortunately, we lost today, but it was a very good game to watch.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen