Today, Saturday was an interesting day. I'd arranged that at 10 am today, Herbert from the Maennerchor would let me in to the Organ loft at St. Wolfgang's so that I could practice for a little bit. I arrived at the church with plenty of time to spare before 10am, but as it turned out there was a wedding going on at the Church that was going to start at 1pm, so the musicians had already arrived to practice. That meant that we needed to postpone my practice time until later that day. Specifically 2:30.
Between the morning and my practice time, I went in to Augsburg. After picking up a new pair of shoes (ones that I would be able to wear next year at Marching Band without having water seep in all sides, or being able to look through a hole in my sole). Following this, I stopped by the local burger king where they had unlimited free wireless so that I could post my blog posts from the previous week. Unfortunately, due to not having internet at Schurbeinstrasse 10 and not exactly being allowed to post in a blog while at work, this was the easiest (and cheapest) way that I could make my posts. After taking care of that, I went back to Meitingen for the practice time. As I arrived they were just finishing the ceremony.
After waiting a while, Herbert arrived and I was able to go up to the loft and start practicing. I practiced the "Carillon de Westminster" by Vierne, and "Sortie in E-Flat" by some guy with a whole bunch of last names (but it's a really cool piece and a lot of fun to play), and followed it up with "Tocatta and Fuge in d minor" by J.S. Bach. It was a lot of fun. The organ was (according to Fr. Bergmeir) newly re-built in the last few years. The console was part digital/pneumatic and part manual. The stops (=Registern) are digital/pneumatic but then the keys (=Tasten) are manual (such that the more stops pulled for one of the three keyboards, the heavier the keys are to press). It was a lot of fun to play. Herbert pointed out that the Church Choir would be singing Mozart's Missa Brevis in C Major the next morning at Mass. After this, I came back home for dinner. This weekend, Timon (Fr. Bergmeir's grandson) was staying for a visit. (seems to be about 3-4 years old and has better German than I do :-/ )
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen