Samstag, 22. Mai 2010

Post 8: Anmelden, Aufenthaltstitel, Lohnsteuerkarte, usw.

I had a very early start to the day and had to move my follow-up appointment with the SGL doctor to 14:15 on Wednesday, because...
Today I registered with the city of Meitingen
First, I went to the Auslandsbehörde in Augsburg in the hopes of registering there (Anmelden), getting my Residency Permit (Aufenthaltstitel), and my Income Tax card (Lohnsteuerkarte).  I filled out the forms that they gave to me, got my appointment to meet with one of their workers at 9:00 that morning then went to wait outside of their room.  They were late and I didn't actually meet with them until 9:15.
He made copies of my stuff, then noticed that my address was Meitingen.  He told me that I needed to register at the Landratsamt if I live in Meitingen (because Meitingen is in the Landkreis Augsburg, but not in the city of Augsburg). 
I made my way to the Landratsamt, (which I had passed on my way from the Hauptbahnhof to the Auslandsbehörde).  There they told me that I needed to register with the Gemeinde in Meigingen before I could get my Aufenthaltstitel in the Landratsamt which I need in order to get the Lohnsteuerkarte in Meitingen.  In order to get the Aufenthaltstitel, though, they need to get some paper from München from last year in order to be able to complete it correctly. 
So I arrived at Meitingen, and it took all of about 20 minutes to register, and I needed to give them the address that I had lived at in München as part of the registration process. 
After this fun adventure, I went back to SGL, picked up my ID badge and got back to my work station in time for lunch.  While at lunch with Bionca, Mirko, and Flo, the Choir that was in town on a cultural tour through Europe came in to have lunch.  I was able to impress my collegues by knowing that this was a choir from Indonesia, and that there was a concert that night. 
After this, I went on a bit of a walk around tour through the plant with Tim so that he could explain the Rheometer Room to me, and where I could find everything.  Eventually, I was done, and went on my way home. 
The Choir from Indonesia (Mia Patria) gave a concert at 19.30 in the Bürgersaal (town hall).  (very nice room.  wood panelling, second floor, with reception room right outside).  The concert was amazing.  Not only was the music outstanding, but it was also a very colorful group (very colorful clothing, instruments, etc.)  The second half of the concert was a display of various dances that are part of their culture.  It was all quite amazing. 
During Intermission, I purchased a CD from them and Fr. Burgmeir bought a glass of Champange for each of us.  At the end of the concert, the choir played a song on their bamboo instruments.  It was really cool.  It's name was "An der Schönen Blauen Donau".  Quite cool.  Afterward, they sang a German song about a Fischerei an der Bodensee that I'd never heard before.  Then they sang "Guten Abend, Guten Nacht".  Probably better known as "Lullaby, and good night" to us.  All in all, the concert was a little longer than 2 hours.  The Burgermeister was invited up to dance for one of the dances.  This one had four women, and four bamboo sticks.  They were paired in a cross fashion on the floor.  The women would tap the sticks on the floor twice, then lift them up about 10cm and tap them together twice, then repeat in rhythmn with the song.  The dancers were to then dance between them, and put their foot in and out of the sticks quick enough so as not to disrupt the rhythmn. 
Of course, the whole thing started with a Frau welcoming all of us, Hr. Burgermeister, Fr. Burgermeister, and their daughter, the Pastor, the Vicar, the person who helped coordinate everything for the choir to be there, the choir, a Frau who housed 18 of the choir members, and about 4 other people.  Then the person who helped coordinate everything for the choir to be there got up to speak and welcomed all of us, Hr. Burgermeister, Fr. Burgermeister, and their daughter, the Pastor, the Vicar,  the choir, a Frau who housed 18 of the choir members, and about 4 other people.  Then the Pastor got up and welcomed all of us, Hr. Burgermeister, Fr. Burgermeister, and their daughter, the Vicar, the person who helped coordinate everything for the choir to be there, the choir, a Frau who housed 18 of the choir members, and about 4 other people.  It was a long and drawn out ordeal. 
It was a long day. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen