Samstag, 29. Mai 2010

Post 18: Friday of Week 2 at SGL

Today, I had a relatively short day, (I'd only needed to work 32 hours this week, which meant that after the previous 3 days, all I needed was to work until 12:18).  After running two rheometer tests, each time burning the tests, in addition to the other tests that were being done in the building, there were a whole lot various fumes going on, so I was done working in that building for the day.  I came back after lunch (spaghetti bolognaser Art), and Mirko and Bianca wanted to go through their presentations (in English).  They asked me to help them out and look through to correct any English errors.  It was a nice break from the regular daily work. 

Once we were done with all that, I decided that I would browse the internet for a while and went through several www.nichtlustig.de comics.  Turns out, Bianca loves Nichtlustig as well, so we spent some time laughing at that for a while.  Around 3:30, I left and went home.

After getting home, I decided to take a bike ride.  I went and visited the Burg in Markt, then south to Biberbach, then back to Meitingen because it looked like it was threatening to rain, again.  Eventually, Hr. and Fr. arrived back home, so Hr. and I sat and talked for a while together.  Topics ranged from the names of American Football teams vs. the names of German Fussball teams.  Football teams tend to be named after fierce animals (except for the Schwabing Unicorns and the Toledo Rockets) and theirs after the name of the sport club (FCA Bayern München = Fussball Club A___ Bayern München) etc.  We also took out a Globe and looked at where we were in Germany and compared it to North America.  Turns out, we are at a similar latitude as southern Canada.  (Lansing is roughly equal to Florence in Italy).

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen