Samstag, 29. Mai 2010

Entry 13: Sunday walk along the Lech

This day was a very nice day with regard to the weather.  The sun was shining quite brightly, and there was a slight breeze.  As it was a Sunday, we had Church at 10 am.  The church choir was to practice at 9am that morning.  It was a fun rehearsal, though a lot of the latin was stuff that I'd never heard before.  After Mass, we came back home.  I went downstairs to prepare a little bit of lunch for myself.  I had planned to take a walk this afternoon, so I packed the lunch into my bookbag.  For my walk I first went North toward SGL to see if maybe one of their bikes were available for use, but the gate was locked.  So I continued on the road until the point where I met up with the bridge after crossing over a cornfield. 

Once I got to the bridge, I turned North along the river Lech and walked until the river and canal joined together.  At this point there was a bridge to cross over the canal, so I crossed over to the other side of the canal and continued North.  I reached the Wasserkraftwerk Ellgau (hydro power plant of Ellgau) and crossed over the Lech at that point.  Once on the other side, I continued south with the intent to take the next bridge after the one in Meitingen.  I continued through the nature preserve area and south along the Lech until I came to the next bridge across; which was located 8 km south of the one in Meitingen at Langweid.  Conveniently, at this point there was a place where you could stop and get a drink.  So, I stopped for some Apfelschorle (an amazing drink) before continuing.  So, I crossed the Lech, and then proceeded North until I got to Meitingen. 

After arriving back home, I sat down with Hr. and Fr. Bergmeir and little Timon on the patio to chat.  At this point, I found out that I'd walked more than 20 km in the course of 6 hours.  Though, 6 hours in the sun without sunblock is not a good thing.  Admittedly, I'd expected it to be shorter, and expected for there to be a bridge quicker after the one in Meitingen than 8 km.  Had I known that the next one would be in 8 km, i would not have gone as far.  Anyway, the new shoes are pretty well broken in, and my feet were doing well all things considered. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen