Samstag, 29. Mai 2010

Post 16: Wednesday at SGL

Got an e-mail from Fr. Gierl regarding both the Lohnsteuerkarte and the possibility of loaning a bike for the summer.  After getting a call from the person in charge of everything to do with payment and taxes, I found out that I didn't need to have a Lohnsteuerkarte at all since I will be here for less than 6 months.  So I won't have to pay taxes.  And I got a bike from Herr Schwarzbart for the summer.  It is one of the company bikes.  It doesn't have any more than one gear setting. 

When I got the call from the guy in the finance department, I noticed that my phone didn't make any sounds when it "rang".  So I asked Bionca if she knew how to get it working properly.  She said that she did, so we got it working properly after searching through all 48 possible ring tones.  So, I currently have "the Flintstones" as my ringtone.  We also found out that you can set different pictures as your background.  So I now have Tux the linux penguin as my phone background picture.  We all had quite a laugh together going through it all.  It was a lot of fun. 

Later on in the day, I got to have a lot of fun playing with Excel  and a program called Origin.  lots of "fun.  Bionca and Mirko (two of the other Diplomanten) have presentations next week on Tuesday to discuss their projects.  Their presentations are supposed to be in English, so I've gotten several questions regarding particular translations.  I took a short bike ride through Herbertshofen and Meitingen for about 40 minutes. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen