Samstag, 22. Mai 2010

Post 6: Sunday with the Bergmeirs

Today, I went to church with the Bergmeirs.  The priest came from india and brought a canon that he likes.  Faked my way through that with Fr. Bergmeir.  I'll have to look at it before next week.  The church has a pretty big pipe organ. 
Came back and went on a walk with Hr. Bergmeir.  We walked for about 2 hours along the Lech river, and the Canal and then came back through Meitingen.  We arrived later we were expected.  Fr. Bergmeier was not too pleased.  She had cooked some roast beef, spaetzle, carrot/pea/broccoli and salad.  Tasted wonderful.  She then offered that I could stay the rest of the summer if I wanted to. 
We then drove out to a small town where there was a street market going on.  It was a street market that took up most of the center part of the town.  Wandered through for a bit.  I saw a sign on a shop that said "Heute bei mir:  50% Rabatt fuer alles (ausser Socken)" (Today, 50% off everything (except socks)) on a shop that only sold socks.
Stopped in a Cafe for a slice of cake and a coffee where I had a piece of cake with Strawberries on it.  It was really good.  Hr. Bergmeir paid for me.  Then we came back to Meitingen for about n hour. 
Fr. Bergmeir and I went back out to the church because there was going to be a choir from Indonesia there singing at Mass.  It was wonderful.  Very colorful,
Came back for about an hour.
Went to mass again and heard a choir from indonesia sing during the mass.  We found out that there would be a concert on Tuesday given by this choir in the Bürgersaal (town hall).  Fr. Bergmeir introduced me to a member of the Männerchor (men's chorus) and we found out that they sing on Thursdays at 8 at the Alte Post (old post office).  That should be an interesting group to be part of for the summer. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen