Samstag, 22. Mai 2010

Post 4: First Day in Meitingen

I woke up early expecting that Florian would be there early.  Didn't come when I thought he would
Went to Augsburg and found the AVV customer service center to purchase a ticket to go to Universitaet Augsburg.  I wanted to visit the Augsburg Studentwerk but they were closed.  I did see 3 apartment offers.  After contacting all 3, one said "nichts", another set up a meeting for the 17th of May.  While there, Florian called me on the phone that I picked up in Frankfurt.  So I went back to Meitingen
After a long ride on the train, (on which I wound up chatting with somebody the whole way back to Meitingen about geography, politics, language, etc.  He thought I was German until I told him that I didn't just come from America after a short stay.  This was about 20 minutes into our conversation that he found out that I was American.  He complimented my German.  That made me feel happy. )
Florian arrived at 10. Schnurbeinstrasse to pick me up.  He brought along another collegue named Bianca.  We went to a localGasthaus for a bier with two other colleages.  One was Tobias, and the other's name I didn't catch.  They all spoke Bayrisch to some extent.  They started making fun of the fact that we were all drinking bier, except for Bianca, who was drinking tea, with not 4, not 5, not 6, but 7 spoonfuls of sugar in it. 
After 2 hours or so, we left, and I went and crashed for the night. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen