Samstag, 29. Mai 2010

Post 14: Monday Pfingstmontag

Today, Monday, is Pfingstmontag, aka Pentecost Monday.  Same as last year with BMW, nobody at SGL had to go to work.  It was a good day off.  We started with mass at 10am.  Afterward, I practiced a little more organ for about an hour before heading back home.  After arriving home, Hr. Bergmeir asked if I wanted to go for a bike ride.  I agreed and so Hr. Bergmeir loaned me his bike while he took Fr. Bergmeir's.  Unfortunately, the one that I had was several inches too tall and my feet wouldn't touch the ground which wasn't exactly ideal. 

So, we started off at a pace of about 18 kmph north toward Donauwoerth.  45 km later, we arrived back home.  When I was asked about a bike ride, I wasn't expecting 45 km.  So, again it was a long time out in the sun without sunblock.  Half way through we stopped at Rain am Lech for the flower sale and exhibition that they had there.  It was a very interesting ordeal.  Loads of tents, lots of flowers, and plenty of tents with wares for sale ranging from pottery to stone bathtubs.  And of course, as an event in Bayern, they had a tent with food, bier, and live music.  It was an enjoyable stop.  After arriving home, we sat out on the porch again for a while. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen