Samstag, 29. Mai 2010

Post 17: Thursday of Week 2

Today was Flo's birthday.  He baked a cake for everybody and his mother baked a cake for everybody.  They were good.  Other than that, there really wasn't a whole lot that happened today.  One of my Rheometer tests burned in the oven today, so the room was filled with a light smoke for a while until the windows were opened.  It rained a lot today.  It rained while I was on my bike home, literally, until I got home.  I arrived home and it stopped raining. 

Today, Tim sent me an e-mail regarding a "pre preg" (pre (resin) impregnated carbon fibers) assignment.  Basically, once I have some values from the rheometer, I'll be able to use an equation that some guy came up with in 2000 to determine the best time and pressure to press the prepreg together to create a thicker piece.  It aught to be interesting to figure out how that all will work out, and how I will get to understanding what I am doing.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen