So today was a very enjoyable day at SGL. I forget exactly how it all started, but we wound up laughing practically the whole day. I think it started when I looked over to Bianka and she was pouring 5 packets of sugar in her hot chocolate, and it just went downhill from there. For lunch we went over to a Thai restaurant for lunch. It was really good. I think somebody had duck, so that provided plenty of laughs when we went over to the grocery store next door. "Poor duck, how are you going to explain that to his family that you ate a family member" and etc. At that point we had an argument over whether we wanted to buy a box of fruit ice cream, or a box of chocolate ice cream for desert. two people voted for chocolate, and two for fruit, so everybody turned to me for the deciding vote. After voting for chocolate, two people were humorously disappointed, and two were quite happy. It was nice. It was also a lot of ice cream, but since it was 34°C out, (80 something), nobody really minded. We got back, and went up to the third floor to give a few Euros for Tim's Fatherhood gift ( I think I heard something about a washer), and to sign his card. On the way back, Herr Bistram stopped Florian (Flo) and myself for a quick "What are your goals?" interview for a presentation that he was going to give. That was pretty impromptu but it went well. Upon getting back to the Diplomanten room, we got talking again, and for one reason Flo made a chicken noise just as somebody walked by. This person did the typical double take and "What on earth was that?" facial expression. Flo couldn't breath for the next 5 minutes because he was laughing so hard, but then we all were. It was spectacular.
After work, I went to the Church choir practice. I got there early, and everybody else arrived promptly at 8. After talking for about 20 minutes, we finally started rehearsal. The director told us that her brother would be getting married soon and as such, she wanted to prepare a suprise song for him. She thought it would take a while to learn because it was in English. Then she realized that I was there, and it dawned on her that it is actually a tenor solo (and because German's singing English never really works, let alone an entire german tenor section singing English,) she asked me if I would be willing to sing it as a solo. So I'll be singing "Can you feel the love tonight?" (not the Lion King version "And if he falls in love tonight, it can be assumed, his every-days with us are history, in short our pal is dooooooooomed", etc., but the actual version.) for somebody's wedding in a few weeks or so. That made me feel really good, and aught to be fun.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen