Samstag, 26. Juni 2010

Post 43: Rheometer tests

Today was a fairly regular day.  I showed up at work pretty early so I could get the various tests started.  For the rheometer tests, each sample has to be dried for 2 hours prior to the almost 2 hour long test.  So I went, turned on the oven, made the sample, and put it in for two hours.  Just before the two hours are over, I go and make the next sample and set up the Rheometer for the first test.  Then I place the second sample in the oven, the first in the Rheometer, and start the process over.  Just before two hours later, I make the third sample and put it in the oven, the second in the Rheometer, and the first I take out, label, and set out on the table to cool (150°C aluminum is quite hot). Then two hours later the second sample is done, then another two for the third.  If I am feeling particularly ambitious, I do four per day, but not often because that is 10 hours plus about an hours worth of cumulative time between the tests and set up and shut down.  This is all in the attempt to complete 3 or 4 times 28 tests in the course of the internship. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen