Samstag, 19. Juni 2010
Post 38: Clucking in German
Today, Thursday, was a fairly normal day. The Männerchor was set to perform later in the evening, so I was dressed in my best, and ready to leave work at the 5 s I could make it to the Old Post in time to leave. The event was the 60th birthday celebration of somebody named Helmut in Langereichen. It was a fun evening. We sang a version of the Hungarian Dance Nr. 6, it was pretty cool. We then enjoyed a bavarian dish, but I can't recall what it was called. Afterward, we sang a song "Von Wachsammen Hahn" (Of the watchful Rooster). This song calls for individual people during the refrain to cluck like a rooster. In German, it is (Ki kiKI kiKI). So for the first two verses, two people had that opportunity, then they wanted an "authentic American rooster" for the 3rd. So I got to cluck like a rooster during the third refrain. Half the choir couldn't continue singing because they were laughing so hard. The choir director almost lost it during the rest of the song. It was pretty cool. I got to talking with one of the wives there and as it turns out, the Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp summer international Program stopped several times in Meitingen (choir, jazz band, orchestra). So we got to talk about that for a while.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen